Friday, November 7, 2014

First Real Post from Madrid MTC

Hola famila y amigos,

This past week and a half has been amazing and I still can´t believe that I´m here! We arrived
Tuesday afternoon and went straight into meetings. The Jet lag wasn´t too bad after a couple of nights but the first night was killer! In my first meeting with my MTC president I was told that me and my companion were going to be Sister Training Leaders which is basically the same as Zone leaders but for the girls. I was so excited about my name tag because lets be serious you don´t feel quite like a real missionary until you have it. My companion is the best she is from Utah and I feel like we´ve known each other forever! She is the best!

The food here is pretty good. Basically the Spanish version of cafeteria food. I´ve become super addicted to fruit. My district eats about 30 clementine's a day! There are 45 missionaries here. A mixture of people learning French, Russian and Spanish. We have about 9 hours of class which is exhausting but I know that I definitely need it! So here we have "investigators" which are our teachers acting as people that taught on their missions to give us a realistic idea of teaching.
Our investigators are Umesh and Carmen and let me say that I´m so grateful that I´m not teaching real people right now! On Saturdays we go to this huge park that goes on for miles and miles with lakes, fountains, statues, manicured hedges and policemen that patrol on horses. On almost every corner there are musicians that play everything from the harp to the trumpet. We go there to find
people to talk to and it was terrifying but it was amazing to see how kind the people here are and to see how words just come to you as you speak with them! I miss everyone so much but I know this is where I´m supposed to be!

 Love Hermana Evelo

No comments:

Post a Comment