Monday, February 23, 2015

Good News and Sad News

Hello everyone!

So, I´m kind of the worst at writing and for that I apoligize but hey it´s the thought that counts! This week we discovered that Cádiz is mentioned in the bible like 15 times! That´s right you might also know it as Tarshish the city that Jonah was trying to run to before the giant whale ate him! I´m working in the oldest city in Europe! Of course I was told this by Spanish people so I don´t know how true that is. And that is your trivia for the week!
  This week was pretty great we worked hard trying to help out with the Mission goal of 250 baptismal fechas this week! I´m super proud to say that we got 252 as a misión this week which is double the weekly average! The Spain Málaga misión is on fire! WHOOH!
Back here in Cádiz carnaval finally came to an end and now things can go back to normal well... as normal as they can get! Speaking of which some of you might be wondering what happened to the couple that had a baptisimal fecha! Well, no worries it had be be pushed back a bit because the husband had open heart surgery recently and has to take sometime to recover but he is doing great and ready to be baptized as son as he can! Also  next week the Elders have a baptism and we are so excited for them! I love it when people accept the góspel! Que Alegria de verdad!
This week we also had the chance to go to a Ward party that was half a good bye party for one of the youth that is leaving for his misión to England and half a Carnaval party. It was super fun to see all the kids dressed up and dancing around. Frozen is super popular here so i´ve seen about a billion Elsa´s and Ana´s! I just love the members here in Cádiz!!!
   So, Sad news this is my last week with my companion and I´m super sad to see her go but I know that she´s needed some else to spread her amazing missionary skills and then the happy news this is my last week of training! I´m almost ready to go out and not be the news missionary on the block!
Thank you everyone for your support and love! I miss you all so much! Have a great week!

Hermana Evelo
 
 
Carnival is Spain's version of Mardi Gras

 
Who are these masked people?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment